Using webCampus Guide
Look here for important tips about navigating your course, controlling valuable webCampus settings, and web browser recommendations for optimal functioning.
ProctorU: UCard and Proctored Exams
Our online programs have a number of requirements for maintaining our academic accreditation. One of those is validating the identity of all online students and collecting reasonable proof that the work submitted by an online student was done by that student. This is an essential component of assuring academic integrity.
All online students must create a UCard for online identification. Your UCard will help with the identification process during proctored exams. This walkthrough will guide you through the proctored Ucard creation process.
A web camera, microphone and speakers will be required for creating a Ucard.
UWS uses ProctorU as our online proctoring service to verify test-taker identity and prevent cheating on high-value examinations.
ProctorU Live+ is a live, online proctoring service to verify test-taker identity and ensure the integrity of an exam. Using almost any webcam and computer, you can take exams anywhere you have internet access and a private space. Your instructor will provide more detailed information about which exams will be proctored and when to set up your proctoring session appointment.
Prior to starting a scheduled exam with a live proctor, students should be prepared with the following:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of Chrome or FireFox web browsers installed.
- Download the Chrome ProctorU extension or Firefox ProctorU extension that corresponds to the web browser you will use during the exam.
- Make sure that your web camera, speakers and microphone are working correctly. You will need them during the proctoring appointment.
- Have a government issued photo identification to show to the proctor.
More Information about using ProctorU
- Instructions: How to Schedule and Attempt a ProctorU Exam
- ProctorU Live+ requires Chrome or FireFox for live proctoring sessions.
- How to download and install the Google Chrome web browser on your computer
- Not sure if you are using the latest version of Chrome? Generally, Google Chrome updates automatically. Here is how to check if your computer is up to date.
- How to download and install Mozilla FireFox web browser on your computer.
- Test your Equipment here.
- Test-taker Resource Center - This page includes information from ProctorU and answers to Frequently Asked Questions.